These are the instructions to use SPD Upgrade Tool to Install or Flash .pac Firmware (ROM) on devices running on Spreadtrum/Unisoc Chipset.
Caution: Flashing or installing Stock Firmware using the SPD Upgrade Tool will wipe the personal data from the device. Therefore, we recommend you to take a backup of your data before using the tool.
Install or Flash .pac Firmware (ROM) using SPD Upgrade Tool
- 1- Download and Install Spreadtrum USB Driver on the Computer (if in case Spreadtrum Driver is already installed, then “SKIP” this Step).
- 2- “Download” Stock Firmware (.pac based) of your Spreadtrum Device (if in case you have already downloaded the Stock Firmware, then “SKIP” this Step or else you can find the .pac based Stock Firmware on FirmwareFile or through Google).
- 3- Now, “Extract SPD Upgrade Tool” on your computer (assuming you have already downloaded it; if not then Download SPD Upgrade Tool). Once you have extracted the tool, you will be able to see the following files:
- 4- Now, Open “UpgradeDownload.exe”.
- 5- Once Upgrade Tool is launched, you will be able to see the following screen:
- 6- Now, Click on the Load Packet Button:
- 7- “Locate the .pac firmware” on your computer (assuming you have already downloaded the firmware of your device on the computer) and “Click on Open” Button:
- 8- Now, “Connect” your Spreadtrum Mobile device to the computer (make sure the device is Power Off):
- 9- Now, “Click on the Start Downloading” Button to begin the installation or flashing process.
- 10- Now, the installation process will begin and may take couple minutes to complete.
- 11- During the flashing process, your device will restart automatically. Once the installation process is completed, you will be able to see the “Green Passed” Message:
- 12- Now, “Close SPD Upgrade Tool” and “Disconnect” your Spreadtrum Device from the Computer.
Congratulations! Now, “Restart” your Mobile Device and you are ready to use it.